Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Is it Witch Craft?

So I have a story I am working on.
Raina, Bradley, And Tyler are all close friends. The are all involved with music, and all stable in their careers. Seemingly content, and boring. But there is more to Raina than her sexy voice and mysterious, mature life. She can't be broken. She needs a cure. And she isn't the only one. Supernatural? Or just sick?
Who knows, but interesting things happen with a Kukri. And I'm sure they aren't things you may think.
Stay Tuned.

I was meaning for it to be amother post for last week. But it is getting longer and longer. And with my disappointment in myself for the short story, Blood Rivalry, I think I'll make sure this one pleases me before I call it finished. In the mean time, I had to write some...thing.

Here you go:




Their heads are like voo doo dolls. Hair ties and green eyes. They live in the trees.
Their ghost like enemies are too behaved for them, too good. They help the human spirits. And they all writhe together, good and evil, in the trees.

There are more than one hundred spirits in human form lined up facing the same way. Their arms are all held out from their bodies and they all cling to eachother. Wrist to wrist. The khakie brick wall in front of them blurs. And behind every group of ten spirits, there is a tree. Behind the trees there is a street, lit by one street light.

All of the ghost like heads fly from the trees and sit their necks on the arms of the human spirits one after another.

One spirit is missing though. A girl. The heads start churning in anger.

The girl is not far. She is running as fast as her black lungs will let her. Her long hair is flying behind her. She runs into someone. Someone who is really human. He has a box of household items and seems to be headed toward a donation box. She grabs him and hides behind him screaming, he can't see her, but he can see the man that is after her. He thinks the man is after him and tries to run. But the girl pulls his shirt harder, closer to her. "Help me! Help me!" She screams in agony. Bloody saliva is dripping from her mouth. The man after her ignites in her horror. The human with the box pulls a small lamp out of it and crashes it over the middle aged freaks skull. He steps back. Just long enough for the girl to flee.

She makes it to the chain. She runs up the grass hill past a tree. The ghost like heads are almost pulling the branches out. They are hooked by just a mere tail like string of smoke and mist to the tree. One gets up to her face and she can breathe it's soul.

She clings on to the last spirit in the chain. And the process of going to a new universe, begins.

-----

Yes, I could elaborate much more. But I'd rather call it a night. Sooo, night.

No comments: